Opportunities for Students
- Students and postdocs interested in networking with AMIC member companies and other companies across the state of Wisconsin will find opportunities through AMIC-sponsored events including the seed program and seminars.
- Ambassadors should be familiar with their group’s research including ideas, projects, publications, instrumentation, so that they can advocate for their group as well AMIC, COE, and UW. The time commitment should be no more than one hour a week. Students and postdocs who are familiar with their group’s research including ideas, projects, publications, instrumentation can also learn to expand industrial engagement by joining the AMIC/OCR Ambassadors group. Ambassadors will learn about:
- online marketing and branding via social media like LinkedIn, Twitter
- creating engaging content about intersection between industry and academic research
- advocating for their group as well AMIC, COE, and UW by reviewing and interacting posts on LinkedIn, Twitter, and websites
- community building via monthly lunch meeting funded by the Office of Corporate Relations
Resources for Student Employees
UW-Madison New Employee Orientation
AMIC Interest Form
Become an AMIC student
Interested in becoming an AMIC student? Contact us for questions and inquiries. We look forward to hearing from you!