I hope this newsletter finds you well! I have just returned from China after two months of remote work connecting with many corporate partners, entrepreneurs, and educators. Having settled on a relatively quiet summer engineering campus, I plan for a very engaging fall 2023 semester with our current and prospective members as we start our new Wisconsin MRSEC on 9/1/2023.
First, we will continue our popular AMIC “Lunch with Industry Seminar Series,” where you can share your engineering projects with our students, faculty, and staff in person or online. Our “Fall 2023 Lunch with Industry Seminar Series” will take place in Tong Auditorium Room 1003, Engineering Centers Building on select Thursdays between 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.If you are interested in this opportunity, please RSVP since I need to complete the speaker’s lineup by 9/10/2023 or earlier.
Second, thank you for joining our community through an annual AMIC membership. As we begin our next membership cycle on 9/1/2023, here is the list of AMIC membership benefits for you:
- Honorary fellow appointment (one representative per member company)
- AMIC lunch seminar speaking opportunities
- Access to cutting-edge research & talents
- Increased brand visibility associated with UW-Madison
- Facilitated engagement with UW–Madison
- Reduced rates at Wisconsin Centers for Nanoscale Technology (WCNT)
Xiujuan Jane Zhang